Porn may have been the greatest thing you ever discovered when you were 12 and found a Playboy under your dad's bed, but can it be true that actually effecting you? Porn and Masturbation have had their time and place, but now I will give you reasons on why they need to go.
1. Porn / Masturbation drains your energy.
After you ejaculate, you lose many vitamins including vitamin C, calcium, chlorine, cholesterol, citric acid, creatine, fructose, lactic acid, magnesium, nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, vitamin B12, and zinc. When you masturbate frequently, it can deplete much of these sources and make you feel drained.
2. Giving up Porn / Masturbation can make you stronger.
When you are not regularly masturbating, the vitamins you retain in your body can give you a sense of strength and well-being.
3. Porn / Masturbation can lead to erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation.
According to addiction. com, too much pornography can re-wire your body to react primarily to porn, so when you have a real partner in front of you, your body will not react how it is supposedly to.
4. Porn can make your brain desensitized to real sex.
As stated in the previous example, porn can confuse your brain and cause you to not enjoy real sex as much.
5. Porn / Masturbation can kill your motivation.
Too much porn / masturbation can lead to feelings of tiredness and lack of motivation. When addicted to pornography and ejaculation, it sometimes kills motivation to go out and strive for things you really desire.
6. Porn / Masturbation can get you addicted to "instant gratification".
Porn / Masturbation, like many other habits in life, are a form of instant gratification. If you build the habit of frequent porn / masturbation, you are 3x more likely to eat unhealthy and stay up later binge watching television, which can all lead to being very unhealthy habits.
7. Porn / Masturbation can take away from other amazing experiences.
Porn and Masturbation can leave you thinking about sex all the time, even at unwanted times. Instead of enjoying a sunset or having an enjoyable dinner, your mind can be flooded with sexual thoughts, rendering you unable to fully enjoy the moment you are trying to experience.
8. Porn / Masturbation can make you creepy.
With so many varieties of porn out nowdays, porn viewers are subject to watching things that would never usually happen in healthy sexual encounters. When you view material like this it gets subconsciously planted in your brain, and you think of it through the day. When you think about sex so much, it can affect how you interact and may even make you look creepy.
9. Porn / Masturbation can make you look lifeless.
As per reports from a group of individuals who decided to quit pornography and masturbation over at reddit.com/r/nofap, users report when quitting porn / masturbation they are not more color in their eyes, dark spots around their eyes disappearing, more color in their skin, and even the reduction / elimination of acne.
10. Porn / Masturbation lowers your testosterone.
According to an article at examine. com testosterone levels were higher when abstinent for 3 weeks compared to ejaculating regularly.
11. Giving up porn / masturbation can give you boosts of energy.
Anyone seeking because they have no energy, but can not seem to find a cure – try being abstinent for a month. People who abstain report significantly higher levels of energy when giving up porn / masturbation.
12. Giving up porn / masturbation can get you a girlfriend / boyfriend.
If you decide not to ejaculate from porn / masturbation, your body will start seeking out other ways to satisfies it's desire, either through wet dreams or seeking out a mutual partner. People who give up porn / masturbation report the opposite sex noticing them more.
13. Giving up porn / masturbation can make you more productive.
With the newfound energy from quitting, people have reported using their time to pursue more productive ventures.
14. Giving up porn / masturbation can save your marriage.
If you are married and decided to give up porn and masturbation, throwing away other sources of sexual pleasure usually lead to giving more attention to your significant other. Users on reddit.com/r/nofap have reported quitting porn / masturbation to have "saved their marriage".
15. Giving up porn / masturbation can make you more self-disciplined.
Quitting this habit takes self-control, and when you quit you may notice yourself having self-discipline in other areas as well.
16. Giving up porn / masturbation can make you different from every other guy / girl.
They say around 95% of men masturbate regularly, and when you quit, it may give you a mental and physical "edge" over other men or women.
17. Porn / Masturbation can give you social anxiety / depression.
Abstainers have reported after quitting porn / masturbation their social anxiety and / or depression was greatly reduced or vanished. The science behind this is unclear, but it may be from unconscious social fears of feeling like you are hiding something.
18. Giving up porn / masturbation frees up your time.
When you give up porn / masturbation, you will have more free time to pursue other ventures.
19. Giving up porn / Masturbation can make you feel better spiritually (if you're into that)
In many religions, sexual immorality or pornography is viewed as a sin, and quitting them will lead you to feeling closer to your spiritual goals.
20. Porn / Masturbation can give you an unrealistic view of how women want to be treated.
Many times pornography consumption starts at an early age, and before learning how to truly interact with other women, they are rather being trained by pornography videos where the women are clearly mistreated. Kids can grow up believing that women should be treated like sex objects instead of people.
21. Quitting Porn / Masturbation has led to feelings of wholeness.
Abstainers report feeling more whole as a person when quitting porn / masturbation.
22. Quitting Porn / Masturbation can improve your sex life.
After quitting porn / masturbation, your sex life may improve from you being more present with your significant other.
23. Quitting Porn / Masturbation can make you more likable.
People that have quit porn / masturbation report being more sociable and having others come and socialize with them more often then when they were using porn / masturbation.
24. Quitting Porn / Masturbation can give you more confidence.
Without the feeling of hiding anything sexually and the build-up of extra protein / vitamins in your body, people have reported feeling more confident after quitting porn and masturbation.
25. Quitting Porn / Masturbation can make you feel more.
Others that have quit porn / masturbation report feeling more emotions after quitting.
26. Porn / Masturbation can mess with your reward circuitry.
Porn and Masturbation can mess with your reward circuitry, teaching your brain that sex is just a mouse-click away.
These are just a few of the effects of porn / masturbation.